Friday, August 1, 2008

You've Gotta Wear Shades

It's been too hot recently.  The sun is bright.  Blindingly.  The heat makes it difficult to think clearly--clouds the judgement.  You know that's why Gatsby's story finally came to a climax, the oppressive heat of summer.  Heat makes us do crazy things--like delete our blogs. (And here I am writing in 2nd person like some Mitch Albom hack...I hate 2nd person.)  Since erasing all those old posts I've lost my momentum.  How do I get it back?  Here's how:  wait for my dark alter-ego to come out of hiding.....  

...And he finally did it!  We're back in business--the business of blogging, which isn't really a business at all because there's no money in it.  Of course, this would make it a great candidate for a business that white people like (see #105);  maybe I should get an intern for my blog.  
Anyway, my point is that once knownsideeffects started clacking away at the keyboard, a spark of inspiration twitched in my own fingertips.  And here I was thinking I am so independent and individual...no longer needing a springboard for blogging material.  Apparently, The Mop's assessment of us "... they keep acting.... well like one is an index finger and the other a thumb. Individual fingers, work well together. but different....and part of the same hand..." is truer than I gave him credit for.  Weird, too, how that anonymous blogger can pick up on this nuance.

So, now that the blogging game is back on, I'm going to stop worrying about all those posts I didn't think to save, don some dark glasses, and in the spirit of forward momentum, close this post with a genius quote from some guy on A&E's  Intervention
"Me living in the past has inhibited my future."  

No more.

1 comment:

jen said...

I'm glad you're back to the blogging. I really do look forward to your posts. By the way, I think you can make money off your blog. You just have to sell advertising space.